Want to write for Tottenham Community Press?
Tottenham Community Press welcomes article ideas for the paper. As we are a small team, we rely on contributions from people living and working in the area.
We will discuss your article idea with you before confirming if it is something we’d like to include. Please read the submission guidelines below before emailing us with your article pitch via email@example.com.
Please do not submit pre-written articles.
- Features: Between 350 and 600 words focusing on a particular community organisation or project in the borough. Can be written in a more relaxed style, in the first person; discussing how the featured subject was started, who’s involved, and what impact it’s having on Tottenham.
- Interviews: Up to 600 words focusing on a particular person who has an active role in the community or who has an interesting perspective on a chosen subject relevant to Tottenham.
- Comment: Up to 450 words commenting on a subject relevant to Tottenham, and on which you have a unique perspective.
- Events: Up to 450 words either reviewing or previewing an event taking place in Tottenham. Event organisers are also welcome to write an article about what they are planning.
- Letters: We welcome letters of up to 200 words on topics relevant to Tottenham. Please include your name and either your street address, or name of the organisation you are writing on behalf of.
- Listings: Community listings for local, low-cost events must include the event name, location, date and time, description, and cost.
Not all submissions we receive can be included in the paper. Professional journalists are also welcome to pitch original news stories to us. Unfortunately, we are currently unable to pay for submissions.
For more detailed advice about pitching and writing an article for us please see Social Spider’s Community Media Writing Guide.